Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And I'm back in the game

The wait is over. Thank goodness because I was starting to lose my mind, seen by my frequent bouts of crying. I was feeling sad because I didn't have a body clock I could count on, this month, or at all, so far, for a baby. With each passing day I felt more detached from this round of IVF, especially compounded by the possibility of having a cyst. Needless to say, all of my frustration and sadness was outwardly apparent in tears upon seeing little kids dressed up for Halloween.

Needless to say, the shots still needed to happen - whether I was happy or sad. We were about to leave for a Halloween party, so I did the injections early.





Well, I've flipped the calendar. My "." arrived on Halloween. I received the all clear, no cysts confirmation from the doctor on Tuesday. I started with the next round of medication last night - Follistim and Menopur. Both of these medications have increased in dosage and I presume the side effects will also increase. At this point, the earliest date of the retrieval will be 11/11/11.

In other good news, my friend, Karen*, who is also going through her first round of IVF, will have her retrieval this Thursday. It's been helpful to have a partner during this time who is going through such an amazing experience. Both of our doctor's have similar instruction, but some thing vary by clinic. Either way, both clinics have had positive outcomes. We are just so blessed to have each other.

Send positive vibes to SF and NY this week!
xo


*Name has been changed to reflect what she uses at Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment