Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sunday morning retrieval

Tomorrow, I am to report to the doctor's office at 7 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. retrieval appointment. I am glad to know that my body is on the right track here. The last visit on Friday was positive. They said that the follicles were all growing at about the same rate and it was likely they would get more eggs this time than last time. At least, this is what they hope. I took my last shots last night. I'm glad that the shots are behind me, for now.

The IVF retrieval process requires that I go under anesthesia through an IV. The entire process takes about 30 to 45 minutes. The doctors aspirate the eggs from my follicles. The eggs are then sent to the lab to be injected with one strong swimmer each. This process is called ICSI (pronounced ick-see). At some point during my recovery, they will tell us how many eggs they retrieved. The project about three days of fertilization before they freeze our strongest embryos. Hopefully, we've got at least 2.

Frank will be there with me in the recovery room until I feel good enough to stand up. Last time, this took me nearly 1.5 hours. After wards, we will probably get a bite to eat and then come home to recover. Feel free to send some good vibes, love and plenty of fertilization thoughts our way tomorrow.

I'm so thankful that you read my blog and care about our journey.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment