Saturday, October 29, 2011

Waiting

It's Saturday morning and I'm waiting for my "." to arrive. It's officially 4 days late and I'm not pregnant, which is fine since I've been taking Lupron. I talked with the doctor. It's possible that the delay could be a cyst which is a side effect of the previous cycle of IVF. The cyst is expected to naturally release itself from me when I get my "." The Lupron should be helping with this release, too. If it hasn't released by Monday, I'll have to go in to the doctor's to run some tests.

Cyst - a sac of fluid with abnormal character, according to dictionary.com. It's in my body, preventing my period, and it has an odd personality. According to another site about 15% of women who have a poor IVF outcome develop cysts. I've been lucky so far that this is the only side effect that we've had.

So, I'm left to wait. This will push back my entire calendar even further, nearly having me do the retrieval and transfer closer to Thanksgiving. It is what it is, but it is frustrating. Thankfully, I have an entire weekend of activities in front of me to keep me occupied.

., please.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment