Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What a relief

I made it through the nausea. After talking through my status with the doctor, she said that it was likely a side effect of the birth control pills combined with the Lupron injections. Sunday was the last day of the birth control pills, and the nausea wore off by Wednesday morning. I gave the doctor a word of caution - if nausea is only affected by 0.000001% of the population, I'm going to be that person.

Baseline Ultrasound:
Monday's doctor appointment included my first estrogen blood draw and baseline ultrasound.
Estrogen = 20 - perfect number to let them know I'm good candidate for IVF. That's a good thing since we had to pay.
Baseline Ultrasound - examined my uterus lining for cysts, (none), and counted my follicles - 10. They only hope for 3. I'm good.

Medication education:
Lupron - used to suppress two hormones normally used to increase the size of my follicles for ovulation.
Birth Control Pills - used to actively control my cycle.
Follistim and Menopur - the combination of the two are going to help stimulate ALL of my follicles to hopefully produce eggs.

Medication plan for the week:
Lupron shots - every night until further notice. This is my 8th night of Lupron.
Follistim and Menopur - starts on Friday night. These stimulate my follicles to grow, grow, grow.

We're moving right along on the plan. Things look good. My attitude is positive. And I've got lots of love and support.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment