Monday, August 29, 2011

a shot of madness



Tonight was my last shot. I wanted to share the amount of paraphernalia that is used in one night with three shots. There are mixing needles, vials of powder that need to be mixed with the vials of liquid, boxes of medication, and instructions on paperwork to follow. The good news is that tonight was the last night. I will be taking progesterone through suppositories. And just like that, the stress of shots is gone.

Tomorrow is my egg retrieval day. I will be missing work. I will be put under anesthesia for a period of time. I'll recover at home. The appointment is at 9:30 A.M.

Once they take the eggs out of me, they will begin growing in the lab for a few days. It will either be three or five days later when they transfer back the 2 viable embryos.

Think positive, healthy babies!

xo


1 comment: