Monday, August 22, 2011

1...2...3...shots your out!

The protocol has kicked up a notch from one shot to three shots a night. The procedure now takes us about 15 minutes, start to finish to complete the shots. The first shot is the easiest, as we've been doing that one for a week. The second shot uses a pen, and it's OK. The third shot requires mixing and switching a vile of fluid. It's complicated, but we get it now. I still dread the nightly needles at 10, although they're not that painful.

I've also had two estrogen blood tests. Friday's test was 20. 20???? What does it mean? Today's test was 35. I was told that it means that my estrogen has increased since Friday. I hope that the nurse didn't fail that part of the exam - logic and math. "There is no number that we're aiming for since the doctor just wants it to increase."

I bet that the doctor IS looking for a number and I WILL understand it on Thursday when I see the doctor. In this case, ignorance is not bliss.

Just so you know, the soonest that I could have my transfer is Sunday. I'll have 48 hours notice of this procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment