Thursday, August 4, 2011

Check the box

Before receiving the green light for the IVF procedure, every patient is given a long list of things to complete. The list includes blood work, ultrasounds, mammogram, daily vitamins, counseling, orientations for injections and other procedures, and a course of anti-biotics. Today, I checked the box the last item - a saline sonogram. This involves the doctor using a camera to ensure that I have no polyps or cysts in my uterus.

During the procedure, I was examined by the resident while one of the main doctors ensured that the analysis was accurate. Frank sat by my side, as he is actively involved in this entire process. I glanced at the ceiling and counted the moments until it was over. I knew I was clear of any cysts when the doctor stated, "nice cavity."

Seriously? That doctor must've missed the exam on beside manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment