Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Round 3...ding!

I am already underway for round 3. I talked to the doctor yesterday about the last cycle and the next cycle. Again, we had a biochemical pregnancy but some abnormality caused the embryo to take care of itself. Given that we've now had two confirmed biochemical pregnancies and I'm 39, the doctor wanted to change up a couple of things for this next cycle. First, she suggested that we implant three embryos. Previously, we had been hesitant on this because three means three. The chances of that happening are slim, but we were being cautious. Secondly, they have conducted tests using a shot of hCG at the time of transfer. This has been shown to assist with embryo implantation in the uterus.

We agreed to both of those suggestions, as we are open to trying something new. They also seem relatively low risk with a positive outcome. On top of those two things, our next transfer date is scheduled for 3/12. I'm already back on the estrogen patches. I have one less round of shots. I don't have to wait another month. BOOM...we're back on schedule. It's exciting that it's moving this quickly.

But I am still feeling a bit bummed about the last cycle - and other previous cycles that weren't successful. I've been doing a lot of walking and thinking...thinking and walking. I nearly walked home from work tonight, making it about 5 miles before Frank picked me up on his way home from the office. I think I'm still grieving the previous losses. I'm glad that the next round is so soon, but I still have a little bit to work through in my head.

I feel positive about going into this round. I've been seeing a therapist about the anxiety - and that's been helping. I've got an amazing support system of friends and family to help me through this time. And I'm open to yoga. Deep breaths...deep breaths.

I'd like to think that the third time's a charm. I hope you do too.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment