Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tomorrow...tomorrow...I love ya, tomorrow...

I love that song from "Annie" as it gives me hope. That is where I'm at today, in the land of hope. There wasn't much downtime between these rounds. I really had a tough time getting through the last failed round, but I think that was because I knew the next one was around the corner. I felt rushed to grieve. I was also reflective of all the challenges we have faced over the last 2.5 years of trying to have a baby. I don't mean to wallow in the past, but I just needed a moment to acknowledge our perseverance.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow..."
 
Tomorrow is Frozen Embryo Transfer Monday. My appointment is at Noon. I should be done around 12:30. Frank is going to drive me since I'll be under the influence of Valium, the loopy drug. We are having three embryos transferred along with the injection of hCG. This is a new part of the procedure for FET patients. HCG is the drug that is normally present in the uterus during natural childbirth. A study had shown a significant increase in the number of successful pregnancies using this additional hormone. I'm excited to be part of a new process here.

Keep me in your thoughts. Eat eggs.

xo
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment