Friday, February 3, 2012

Transfer #2


Yesterday was transfer day. It was a long road to get to the transfer - filled with many sleepless, stressful nights, more hormones than previously ingested, and a visit to a therapist. It culminated on Thursday with a transfer of the two little guys that you see in that photo. 

My medications include progesterone injections in my upper butt muscle every night, administered by Frank. I am wearing estrogen patches on my lower abdomen. I am taking methylpredinsone every night. It was quite an emotional ride as the date of the transfer came closer this time around taking all those hormones combined with the regular stress from the day-to-day life. It came to a point where I realized that the priority needs to be on making a family with a destressed approach.  

The good news is that I'm taking the next few days off from work. My manager has been completely supportive of this entire experience. I appreciate that he is compassionate and reasonable. I also have a strong team at work. They are handling it for me. I am not looking at my work email. I'm not taking any work phone calls. I'm only going to do the things that I want and need to do - shopping online, yoga, walking, facials, cleaning and more. I even promised that I would watch Star Wars. 

We will test my hCG level on 2/16, which will determine if we have successfully implanted. I'm looking forward to that day. In the meantime, I'll be relaxing. 

Thank you for your support, positive energy and love.
xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you and Frank today.
    I love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete