Friday, February 17, 2012

Negative

As the title says, the test results were negative. I definitely felt that this time was going to work, or at least my hopes had been higher than in previous rounds. When the nurse called on Thursday to state the news, her words socked me in the gut. I almost cried, but I was at my desk at work. I had a full afternoon of work in front of me to keep me distracted. We were preparing for a big presentation to T-Mobile for today, in Seattle.

I called Frank. I could hear how bummed out he was on the phone. Tears were welling in my eyes. I wished that we were together, but I knew we would be able to talk it through after work. We had plans to go to Seattle that were going to be cancelled if we were pregnant. In the same moment I told him the news, I also suggested we keep our plans to go to Seattle. He agreed.

Last night, as soon as I got home from work, we talked about the situation. How bummed we were. How much money we've spent, all to really feel like were back to square one. We are glad we have frozen embryos to use, and we're hopeful that they are viable. We wish we knew what the issue was that is preventing us from getting pregnant. I often wonder, am I trying too hard? That's a blog post for another time.

I am ready for the next round. I hear from my doctor on Tuesday. I'll be interested to see if she has any thoughts on how it went and if anything will change. Between now and then, we'll be in Seattle. I think that getting out of the house for the weekend will be good for us.

Thank you for all your support and love. Just knowing that you're thinking about us makes me feel so good. You give me strength.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment