Saturday, March 24, 2012

The impatient patient

It's been a rough week. The shots are more painful than last time. It's not that the shot itself that is painful, but the effects of the shot. Since the hormone, progesterone, is combined with the oil, it really needs to be massaged into my butt muscle. If there is not enough massaging and vigorous walking, lumps form where the oil has congealed. I love my lady lumps, but not my hormone lumps. So, with every step I take, I feel those lumps. The night that we massaged too hard, it put my hip out of alignment. Not only was I in pain with every step, I couldn't take a full stride. On top of that, my little toe on my right foot had a super painful callous that reached an all time pressure with every step I took.

I took matters into my hands. First, I cried to the nurse at UCSF. They must take a course in managing tears, because I felt better after just two conversations. First conversation happened to be with the receptionist, as I didn't give her a chance to qualify that she was just managing the phones. The second was with the nurse. They said that I could move off the shots and onto the creme. Just knowing this made me feel better. I had an option to not get a shot.

Secondly, the chiropractor was able to see me the next day, first thing in the morning. We began the first of five appointments to get things back in alignment.

Finally, I have a podiatrist who took care of the little toe. I am now able to wear any pair of shoes in my closet.

Now, I'm tapping my fingers waiting for Monday. I'm cramping. I'm moody. I have the nose of a bloodhound. I need a nap.

Here's to hoping for the next two days to whizz on by...

~xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the realness of this documentation you've kept. I love to read back to the different journals.

    Your perspective, whether positive or negative, is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete