Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's a sign

It's been just over two weeks since we found out the news on the first round. It's been full of ups and downs and a curiosity of where we are headed in creating our family. We are going to try again, which makes me feel positive. On the downside, I have concerns that maybe this is going to take longer to become parents than I had envisioned. We have been trying for two years. Statistically speaking, this should take us up to three tries before we should consider an alternative, such as adoption. Our goal is to be parents, so one way or another, we will have some children. My focus right now is on this next round and the path to a positive and healthy pregnancy.

After speaking with the doctor, she decided to change my protocol. I'm not taking birth control pills and I will stop taking lupron a little earlier this time. She expects that I will produce more eggs with this change. Looking ahead, the estimated date of retrieval is in the first week of November. The transfer will be just a few days after that.

Having gone through the last round, I have a better idea of what to expect. I expect to be more relaxed. I'll take a few extra days off to just stay at home. I will create a zen environment on the couch. I'll be available to talk on the phone, watch a movie at home, and shop online. Overall, I'll be slowing down just a bit more. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Finally, last night, I was walking down Van Ness and came across this alley.



It's a sign. I mean that in both ways.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment