Friday, September 2, 2011

The Transfer

It has been three days since retrieval of the five eggs. Three eggs fertilized. Two eggs will be put inside me today. The third one is frozen.

Here is the plan for today. I take a Valium at 1 p.m. This is used to relax my muscles. I must arrive with a full bladder, drinking somewhere between 12 and 24 ounces of water before the appointment. It sounds like a recipe for disaster - muscle relaxer and full bladder?!?

The appointment is at 2 p.m. It is very similar in procedure as the IUI - except I am under the influence of Valium and we're in the IVF clinic. The procedure will probably take about 3 minutes. I need to lay there in the office for 10 - 20 minutes. We should be incubating Huey and Duey by 2:30. Luey will be frozen. I hope he is frozen for research only. I am looking for a one time success.

My visualizations show me as a pregnant woman, creating a progress photo shoot of my growing belly. I also see us coming home from the hospital with babies in our arms. I also had visions of kids cleaning the house for me.

Keep me in your thoughts, prayers, wishes, or whatever you do today. Smile at a pregnant lady...thinking one day you will be smiling at my pregnant belly.

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment